Norquest College: What’s the Inclusive Action Group up to?
February 16, 2017
As a follow up to Dr. Abbott’s recent message to students and employees, NorQuest College created a new Inclusive Action Group to build on our inclusive culture and to facilitate additional opportunities for dialogue, knowledge, and understanding.
The group is planning a special video project focused on inclusion, which will be launched at an annual employee event on March 10.
Upcoming NorQuest College and community events
- Talking Circle with Elder Delores Cardinal – Thursday, February 23 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Location: NorQuest College main downtown building, Room A618.
- Talking Circles support balance, strengthen relationships, and build connections by creating a space where we can share experiences, learn from others, and help support each other’s success at NorQuest and in life.
- Community events to build understanding about Islam.
- Unity in Community: We are one – March 20; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Location: NorQuest College main downtown building, Student Activity Centre.
- Kick off your Inclusion Fusion Week with RBC Indigenous Mentors by exploring inclusion through the eyes of Indigenous students at NorQuest.
- Inclusion Fusion Week Community Dialogue on Islam – March 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Location: NorQuest College main building in Room A808-809.
- Confused by all the mixed messages? Whether you’re Muslim or non-Muslim, let’s explore misconceptions, share perceptions, and build understanding through dialogue. Dialogue is a conversation among peers in which everyone is equally responsible. Distinct from discussion or negotiation, dialogue is a form of talk that is not intended to reach agreement, but to reach new understanding.
- In the coming weeks, we’ll place colourful boxes around NorQuest College campuses with the following message: Got a question about Islam? Put it in here to build respectful conversation at our Community Dialogue on Islam on March 21! Specific locations of the boxes are indicated in the chart below. For those in our regional sites, you can email your question to [email protected]. The committee will review questions submitted in the box and use them to help inform the Inclusion Fusion Week Community Dialogue on Islam planned for March 21.
|South Learning Centre
(Building A, main downtown building)
|HEC 102 (Building B)
||HEC 106 (Building E)
- Information desk, main floor – Student Activity Centre
- Reception desk, main floor – A125
- Library reception desk, fifth floor
- Reception desk, main floor – B102
- Staff room, main floor
- Student lounge, main floor
- Second floor (in front of elevators)
- Student lounge, main floor
- Reception desk – E220
- Outside staff room, second floor
- LGBTQ Q&A – Debunking stereotypes – March 23; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Location: NorQuest College main downtown building, Student Activity Centre.
- Games, prizes, music, and more. Hosted by administrative professional students.