Sr. Regulatory Advisor
Sr. Regulatory Advisor
Date: Jul 23, 2020
Location: ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
38281 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Participate in the development and review of distribution and transmission evidence for filing with the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) in support of HONI’s multiyear Tx and Dx applications for rates, generic OEB proceedings and other applications.
- In support of the business, liaise with regulatory bodies to influence emerging rules and modify existing rules in the best interest of the Company and its customers. Assess and recommend appropriate business responses to address regulatory policy and rate making issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with other departments in the development of their evidence ensuring consistency with past proceedings, OEB codes and guidelines and Hydro One’s current business plan.
- Recommend, coordinate and finalize Hydro One’s input to (i) OEB proposed code amendments, and (ii) proposed IESO market rule amendments, and (iii) other proposed regulatory changes as assigned by manager and consistent with Hydro One’s strategy and interests.
- Participate in the development and review of interrogatory and undertaking responses and the development and review of Hydro One Argument and Reply Argument for filing with the OEB in support of HONI’s multiyear Tx and Dx applications for rates, generic OEB proceedings and other applications.
- Assist in the running of Hydro One’s witness training program through the preparation of questions and attendance at witness training sessions.
- Monitor, assess, analyze and report issues of regulatory policy issues, and recommend strategies, tactics and positions for the Company to adopt in response to the issues.
- Provide expert advice, interpretations, and guidance for and in support of business and operating decisions.
- Keep abreast of Government and the Ontario Energy Board policies related to the electricity industry and its impact on Distributors and/or Transmitters.
- Provide advice and guidance to Lines of Business relating to regulatory policies and strategies, OEB codes and policies and application timelines.
- Work with staff at the OEB, IESO and other organizations (stakeholders, intervenors and industry groups) on regulatory policy and rate making issues, to promote Hydro One’s interests. Participate in and /or lead internal and external working groups and industry forums as appropriate.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of regulatory related Legislation, Rules, Licences and Codes and act as the subject matter expert within the company in regulatory policy.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires a four year university education in business administration, commerce or engineering.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a group of multidisciplinary team members to meet tight filing deadlines with regulators.
- Requires experience with the regulatory process in Ontario through participation in evidence preparation or review of Hydro One rate or generic applications before the OEB.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, codes, procedures and processes.
- Requires strong project management skills to ensure timely approval of applications.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to make effective presentations to internal and external stakeholders and committees and to prepare evidence.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of the following computer tools: Excel, Access, Word and Power Point to produce prefiled evidence, interrogatory responses, undertakings and briefing materials for witnesses.
- Requires knowledge of finance and engineering principles to develop interrogatories, undertakings and arguments associated with transmission and/or distribution and other regulatory proceedings.
- Requires an understanding of the Hydro one business.
- Experience in the preparation of evidence from previous applications will be a definite asset.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: August 11, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
33 total views, 18 views today